We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing team and build some really cool models and digital products. This is a fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this start-up and help shape the culture and trajectory of our company.
What will you do?
- Design and build automated processes for large scale data analyses, neural networks, model validation, and model
- Use machine learning, data mining, and statistical techniques to create new scalable and predictive models
- Test new techniques and emerging technologies in the artificial intelligence field
- Help manage proprietary datasets in an AWS environment
- Provide consultation to key clients on technical design and feasibility for custom-built solutions
- Collaborate with team members in an agile environment on the creation and implementation of project work
Who are you?
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or similar quantitative field
- Proficient programming skills in Python, R, and SQL
- Familiar with popular ML frameworks and libraries (tidyverse, XGBoost, PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, Airflow, Pandas,
- Experience with version control using Git
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-focused, with a proven track record of delivering high quality work on time
At Payson, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Please let us know if you require any accommodations in our hiring process and we will meet your needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.